Wednesday, 28 January 2015

A new beginning




Slamming the door behind me as wind blows my facials to a blur. A skip in my step as I keep wondering Its going to be new beginnings, new opportunities and the best of all a new year. Soon the clock will strike a new year. 2015.

Anticipation was in the air as every breath taken was a gasp of excitement. A life breaking situation was about to commence. As my watch clicked over to 11.59pm my heart skipped a beat. In less than 60 seconds everything was going to change. Pausing staring at the time every second made my body tingle with excitement. The new year was looming with little time to go 15 seconds to go.

Now transfixed on the watch, not wanting to miss a second. 10 seconds to go. Everything began silent as 2014 was the past and 2015 would become the reality. 5 seconds to go. The countdown had begun. Holding my breath in my chest as the clock struck 5.....4.....3.....2......1........

The celebrations began as I cheered with joy. It was now 2015. Everything in 2014 was now in the past. I was apart of a fresh dawn that had just begun. The moment marked my heart and I will always remember this special second and will treasure the moment forever.

Walking back into the house with a skip in my step once more, I was now apart of the new beginning!
Hope everyone had a new year!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment