Wednesday, 11 November 2015

MOA awards

On Tuesday night it happened. Auroa, Opunake, Matapu and Kaponga Schools competed in the MOA awards held at Sandfords Events Centre in Opunake. MOA Awards is a big event where kids from all 4 schools enter in categories that get judged by people all over the world. The Catergories are Best short movie, Best Music Video, Best Original Image, Best Graphic Design, Best Te Ao Maori, Best Book Trailer, Best Blog, Best educational video And the principal wildcard . Then out of all those Catergories they choose best acter/actress/performer and best narrator and of course the surpreme award. There is Catergories for Junior, intermediate and senior levels. Everyone from the different schools entered in the Catergories and the top 4 got chosen to be the finalists. I was lucky enough to be the finalist in 2 Catergories, best blog and the principal wildcard where Mr Chittenden (Auroa's Principal) got to choose someone who didn't originally get in from the judges and put someone into the wildcard category and so he put my music video in the chance to win. On the night the Sandfords Centre was packed to the brim with nearly 700 people coming to see the big night. Auroa did very well on the night winning a lot of Catergories and also taking out the surpreme award but what I am most proud of is that I won both of my Catergories. I won for senior best blog And also won the wildcard category. Overall if was a really great night and I am really proud that I got to win something and hopefully I can win something again next year. Here is the photos of the trophies I won on the night:

No comments:

Post a Comment