Thursday, 3 April 2014

The Queue

''That will be $2 please" said the Ice cream man. Waiting endlessly  under the boiling hot sun. No wonder is buying ice creams I thought. In front of me was a disturbing man. He was covered in a cloudy, sweaty singlet. Yucky substance was dripping from his head like a waterfall. His head turned to look at me. ''Hello pretty lady'' He bellowed in a gruff voice while scratching his unpleasant armpit. I  was wise enough not to respond. His hair was sticking up on end and his feet weren't giving him any favours with his toe nails a disgusting brown colour. His sandals were buried in the sand like long lost treasure and the belly poking out of that man was pretty extraordinary. Turning around to avoid him my eyes were now scrolling up and down the next strange citizen.

Earphones in his ears, shifting from  side to side with his hand flinging in the air listening to LMFAO. My head tilted and pulled a disgusted face. ''Wanna listen dude?'' He was handing over the earphone that had ear wax as yellow as a daisy. My hand gestured out a ''no thank you'' and he squished the earphone back where it belonged. Away from me. He wasn't the nicest sight with black spikes poking out of his bald head and a purple skull embroidered on his left arm. A vest with silver running around the edges was lying limply on a black stripy t-shirt. Water fulled his sneakers that were big enough to full a colonie of fish.

Deciding to walk away from the line which had people holding money in their hand ready to spend. I bumped into a geek that dropped all her books she was clutching in her hand. ''I sorry'' I said sadly. ''It's alright'' She whispered in a shy voice. Now that we were closer I realised that she was a sweet and caring girl. Her pink cardigan and her long, baggy pants shone through her personality. Her hair was pulled back in a tight pony tail and little wisps of her hair was hiding behind her ears. Her blue glasses reflected the sun rays onto the hot sand. We both smiled happily.

Maybe not everyone in this town is bad.

     

3 comments:

  1. What a fantastic story Madaline. The descriptive language is outstanding keep it up!

    Mr C

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really fantastic story Madaline. One of the best this year. I can't wait to read the last paragraph.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome story Madaline, I really like the description in that story
    Mackenna

    ReplyDelete