Sunday, 15 March 2015

It is time!!

My nerves were uncontrollable. My stomach doubled over as I walked along the path of pressure . Drips of sweat traveled down my face onto the cold concrete . With the weight of victory on my shoulders I could hardly walk. My chest moved in and out slowly as I took in breath after breath of chlorine air. The world froze around me. It. Was. Time.

The last cheer was heard. My legs lunged of from the raised platform, bounding me into the air. My whole figure was arched straight towards the rippling surface of the water. Diving into the waves my whole body was pushed into hyper drive. My legs were kicking furiously making splashes of water fly up into the air . My arms were windmills pushing the water behind me. Everyone was now catching and my chances of winning was now slim.

I wasn't going to give up but my energy tank was slowly losing fuel. My body began to break down. Before I knew it there was someone motoring past me. There was no more power left in me but I wasn't going to let that girl claim the victory. The end of the pool was now visible. The last ounce of energy slipped out of me and now I was trailing behind the leader. With only a few meters left to swim I thought worriedly "Am I going to make it?"

Taking my last stroke my arm thrashed against the hard wall. Lifting my head up out of the water, I waited there a age, waiting for my results. The guy with the results came over. My heart started will I get into the finals? I was handed a blue stick! "YAY!" I whooped happily.

My nerves were controllable because I was so close to victory. Now its finals time. Am going to win?


No comments:

Post a Comment