Sadly, A few days ago I got back from trip to my Nanas house. When we got home we found a empty bunny cage with nothing in it:
Traveling home in the car, exiting Hawera I sat in the back seat and thought "Isn't it good to be be home?". As we ran over the cattle stop with our huge tyres my heart skipped a beat. I was going to see cinnamon again.
Jumping out of the car in excitment I rushed through the front door and straight out into the back veranda. There was the bunny cage, I was going to see my friend again... There was no friend in the cage. "Where is the bunny?" I asked mum worriedly. "Madaline there is something I have to tell you." This gave me no security. Mum finally gave me an answer "Cinnamon has died."
My body broke down and my heart shriveled up in pain. "You can't be serious?'' I told mum willing myself to believe he was hiding behind mum ready to pop out and run to me. Nothing came. "I'm sorry Madaline, He's gone". I walked back inside, my brain just cycling what had just happened.
RIP cinnamon, I will never forget you.
Madaline
ReplyDeleteYou've taken quite a serious (and sad) topic and created a really positive and engaging piece of writing about it. You've made it interesting and created interest with your excellent writing.
Mr Webb