Friday, 18 September 2015

Academic Achievements

On Friday Lexi, Meg, Kaiah Bloor and I competed in the  Roald Dahl quiz held in the Hawera Library Plus. There was six other schools to compete with but the Magic Matildas (us) managed to be on top with 103 points. We were asked a range of different questions and it was very hard but we ended up with a win. We were very happy and I hope to do it again next year. The Trophy we received was full of the winners before hand. It turns out that Auroa had actually won it in 2007 as well so it was great to see that we had been participating before hand.On the right hand side there is the trophy we had won for being the victors.


Also on Friday in assembly I received 3 other achievements.I got principal pick of the week for doing well in the Roald Dahl quiz, I got participation in the Otago Maths Problem challenges that was held throughout the year and also a certificate for completing and getting merit in the ICAS writng test which is held in Australia and New Zealand. I was very proud to have done well in all of them.

1 comment:

  1. Madaline
    The School was thrilled with how you did at the challenge - it was a fantastic effort to win the trophy which hadn't been achieved since the very first time it was held (which was several years ago) and a great subject to write about.
    Mr Webb

    ReplyDelete