Monday, 3 August 2015

Walkies Pools and Dawson Falls

On Sunday my Family went up Mt. Egmont to Dawson Falls and Wilkies Pools. It was funny when I had to cross the rocks so I didn't land in the water, but I still managed to get my sneakers soaking wet! We got some very good photos of Jorja and I standing under Wilkies Pools and Dawon Falls. I was amazed at the view you could see of the ground below when you looked through a clearing. It was beautiful. Here is the story I wrote of when we had to cross a little river:

My heart bet loudly in my chest as I glanced over at the rocks I feared to cross. My wet saliva traveled its way down my throat. "Hurry up, We need to cross" Dad growled behind me. But I didnt move, I just stood there staring at my enemy that looked back at me as with their mossy grin and water flying over them. It had to be done. I had to cross the rocks.

There was 4 rocks that I needed to cross, but there was a catch. If I slipped I would fall in the river and my dignity would be lost. I rested my foot on the first rock that was in my path. I stayed there for a moment, to see if it would sway under my feet, but it stayed sturdy under my weight. My foot stretched my foot out to put on the 2nd rock. The moss under my feet was squishy under my sneakers. '2 more to go' I murmured to myself. I can do this.

The 3rd rock was the smallest by far and definitely the hardest to put my feet on. My foot stood into a small pot hole that was in printed on the rock. The rock wobbled under my weight as I tried to balance on it with one foot. 'This is it I am a goner' I thought as I began to struggle to keep upright on the rock. If I was going to make it across the rock without getting wet I had to make my move, and fast. 

The 4th and final rock looked miles away, but yet it was only a large footstep away. I took a leap of faith and landed on the fourth rock, unscathed. I had survived the obstacles that was thrown at me and I was proud of it.

Landing on the dirt ground, I had a wide grin spread across my face. "What are you so happy about?" Jorja questioned. "I just conquered my enemy".

Here is a photo slideshow I made using the app kizoa and also a video I made in Imovie. Thanks to my sister for taking all these amazing photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment