Sunday, 16 August 2015

My Music Recital

  

Every year for the children that have musical tuition with Mrs. Perrett play in a recital at the end of the year. I have been learning with Mrs. Perrett for 4 years now and have become quite skilled at singing and playing the piano. It is a lot of fun to get up and play the piano and sing. I am always a little bit nervous and stumble at the start but I eventually make a good performance that everyone in the audience enjoys. In 2013 Lexi (who played the ukelele with me) and I was good enough to present our song and sing and play it at our school prize giving. In 2014 I played the song Let it go by Demi Lovato that is featured in the movie Frozen. Here is the video of the recital that my family caught on camera. Write a comment below if you would like to see more of  my music.

7 comments:

  1. Madaline
    What a great idea for a post - I know that the footage might be a bit old but I really appreciate the fact that you have posted it and provided details of the correct context for it. I know that the angle was limited by the event (because your parents couldn't have recorded it from the side!) but it was great use of an event. Your blog and the work that is going into it is a credit to you and your ideas and work.
    Mr Webb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't blogging so cool?! It's a place we can reflect and post proud moments. This is a moment to be proud of... I bet you were nervous, Madaline!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admire your strength to perform through nerves. Many can learn from this. Great performance and thank you for sharing.
    Mrs cooper
    Www.7zc.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Absolutely loving your blog! You are very talented! Keep up the amazing work! My class and I will keep watching all the way in Singapore :) Mr Kemp :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Madeline! Love your blog. You are very talented. I think being nervous is perfectly normally. We all have times that we are out of our comfort zone when we do things but it's those times that we grow as individuals. Keep up the great work, will be checking back to see what you are up to.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It takes a lot of courage to sing and play an instrument at the same time. Even more to do it in front of an audience of your peers and adults. Well done, Madaline!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this!! This song is easily one of my top 5 to sing and you nail the difficult parts. Nice one! Have you heard of Smule Sing? Very cool app to share your talents. As a singer I know just how hard it is to play the music while you sing - great effort Madaline. Please keep posting about this. Very keen to see you keep pushing yourself further in this direction. :) Kia kaha e hoa ma and don't be whakama about standing up and introducing yourself - you've got talent and should be proud of it. Tau kē!! :)

    ReplyDelete