WALT: write a story about a time when you were anxious
The velvet red carpet welcomed me into the events centre as I trudged along it with light steps. Rushing into the room, the atmosphere was bubbly with excitement and nerves as other kids sat squirming in their seats, Waiting anxiously for the awards to begin. I was unobtrusive in the swarm of kids that were loudly announcing their presence with screams of excitement. Butterflies flew in my stomach by the dozens. Let the show begin.
“The nominees are…” The host boomed through the microphone as blurs of colours and text became visible on the screen. My name appears and a film roll of my blog was viewed for a few seconds. I knew there was screams and cheers but I couldn't hear them. I was in a distant state of mind where I wasn't only hoping to win but to also not be disappointed. My hand clammy, teeth chattering, my body was consumed with nerves. Everyone held their breath...
Madaline’s Mayhem appears on the screen. The nerves were replaced with joyfulness. My numb, wobbling legs shuffled along the floor as I went up to accept my award. A bright fluorescent light glowed across my flushed face as I snatched the award out of the hosts hands. Millions of eyes peered at me and cheered.
After a couple of camera clicks I wandered back to my seat with a smile like a crescent moon spread across my face.I was so proud and I definitely wasn't trying to hide it.
The velvet red carpet whispered goodbye as I thundered across it with heavy excited steps. Grasping the glass award in my hand, I whispered “until next year.”
My teacher from last year (Miss Bunker) and I getting a photo taken with my award.

No comments:
Post a Comment