Thursday, 6 March 2014

Athletics Practise Story

Go! Go! Go!

'' Ten year old girls!" Yelled Mrs Cocker. We were lined up and we were as still as trees. My heart was going Thump! Thump! Thump!  With the tension bubbling up inside. My head was full of a million thoughts telling me what to do next. Fist clenched reaching forward ready to take off. With victory close on my the side of my mind reminding of what I had to do. Win. This. Race. 

Scheech! Went the whistle and I was no longer still. My feet were thunder on the ground pummelling everything in it's path. I couldn't look back.  A drip of sweat began to show. I had to keep going. My legs were in control. Tingling down my spine was excitement. My enemies were falling behind. 

I was going a million miles an hour using my lightning boots  as an advantage. My feet were on fire flaming up the grass behind me.  My eyes were staring at the prize. The finish line. Legs running, Heart racing. I can have victory once and for all. 

Lying on the ground, Breathing in and out heavily, Exhausted. My head was spinning like a tabletop but there was great news. I got to be in the A grade. Mr Spice gave me a glittering, Gleaming token and said I got 3rd.

Victory was at close reach but I will get it someday.

BY MADALINE.   

1 comment:

  1. Awesome story Madaline!! I like how you put Victory was close at reach and That your feet were pummelling everything in its path

    ReplyDelete