Jaw Dropping Race
Waiting. Waiting. Waiting. Thats all I could do. Sitting there with my teeth chattering with coldness. Finally the waitless time had arrived. Bitter water welcomed my body that was covered in goosebumps. The crowd was roaring supporting everybody. There was only 1 thing I could concentrate on. Winning. Happy pictures popped into my head that will hopefully come true. Leaning back my arms were shivering with nerves. On your marks"...
BEEP! Pushing off my arms and legs were now in control. Water rushed past my ear running back into the clear, calm water. My energy was released out of its cage after centuries of waiting. Excitement rushed through my purple vains and fast as water flying down a waterfall. Ripples of water landed on my arms that were reaching out and going as fast as propellers. I had nothing to lose with the finish line only a couple metres away.
Suddenly I felt a wet wall touch my soaking hand with a quiet thump. My mouth turned into all gleaming grin. But all the happiness melted away as soon as my timers mouth moved and made out a 2nd place. My tummy turned as tight as a rubber band. Blackness gushes over my face that blocked me out of the outside world. There was no longer sunlight. Gradually my hands lifted me out of the pool. I was unable to stand up with my brick legs pulling me down. The gut retching results was sickening me. Georgia had claimed victory by a split second. Next time there will be no mercy.
There will only be defeat!

No comments:
Post a Comment